SURVIVOR 1977 Z1000 A1

Trodz
Reactions:
Bike: Z900; Z1000; Darmah

Re: SURVIVOR 1977 Z1000 A1

Post by Trodz »

My Z1000-A1 had an overhaul 12 months ago but, after sitting for 4 months, it needs carbie work again. Not my forte, and it's hard to find anyone in Perth under 60 years of age interested in working on old bikes. The overhaul resulted in scratches on the tank, very hard for a perfectionist to deal with so the tank will be back in the paint shop soon.

The Darmah doesn't do anything for me so is likely to go on the market soon.

Trodz
Reactions:
Bike: Z900; Z1000; Darmah

Post by Trodz »

Sorry, had to break this post up because Nigella appeared on screen, distracting me.

My real worry is the Z900-A4. It's been in a workshop in Perth for 4 years, and the bodywork has been in Sydney for painting for 3 years (I hope it's still there). My job has been a disaster for 4 years but I've just moved to a 9 day fortnight again with a plan to catch up on what's been missed over the last few years. Motivation and time have been lacking.

ZORK WA
Reactions:

Post by ZORK WA »

Gee that’s no good Terry, l’m sure things will improve from now on.
RIDDEN NOT HIDDEN. GGYF. THE MEMBER FOR MANDURAH. CHEAP INDIAN OFFICE FURNITURE. RHT - RossHensTerprises. SNORKELS-R-US. OLD WOBBLY BIKES AND OWNERS RULE. BURN'T OUT & FUCKED. LONG LOST PHOTOFUCKET. TUESDAY = PENSIONDAY. METALLICA = No1.

ZORK WA
Reactions:

Post by ZORK WA »

new wheel bearing fitted, the front was easy as but rear proved difficult so used the old weld a bolt too the bearing trick, worked a treat, big relief as they can be a real prick too remove.

Tyres next

this shows wear you weld

down too Muzz Buzz too celebrate, even the dog was laughting

RIDDEN NOT HIDDEN. GGYF. THE MEMBER FOR MANDURAH. CHEAP INDIAN OFFICE FURNITURE. RHT - RossHensTerprises. SNORKELS-R-US. OLD WOBBLY BIKES AND OWNERS RULE. BURN'T OUT & FUCKED. LONG LOST PHOTOFUCKET. TUESDAY = PENSIONDAY. METALLICA = No1.

Zedboy
Site Admin
Reactions:
Bike: Kwakka's and 'onda's

Post by Zedboy »

Haven't seen the old weld a bolt to the bearing trick before, but it's a good trick.
:good_post: