Rear tail light bracket & lens A4

Workshop/Technical posts go here.
GarnZ

Rear tail light bracket & lens A4

Postby GarnZ » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:21 am

I've been a bit frustrated with my latest Z900-A4 project.
Firstly, the rear tail-light bracket (#220-40797) is mounted far too low on the mudguard (I was able to just fit more than two fingers under the plastic rear tail) with the lens mounted in place. I now have modified the bracket to give a gap of about 1 finger...
What gap should it be for this long tail version?
Can any one check the number stamped on the long mudguard "Square" tail-light bracket? I have another bracket #220-40803, seems too high.

Secondly the beautiful (EMGO) aftermarket tail-light lens was not a perfect fitting into the rear tail-light chrome mount.
There was a gap (about 2mm) above the lens where the curvature of the chrome surrounds did not match the slight curvature of the lens.
Its hardly noticeable, but it ain't right! Have I got a 650 tail light lens?

RegardZ.
PS. Ive also put this on "Z1 owners forum" where the long guard is prevalent

Zedboy
Site Admin
Bike: Kwakka Z1-A

Re: Rear tail light bracket & lens A4

Postby Zedboy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:18 am

Wish I had a bracket to check for you.
RossHensteethPlastics was looking into doing a correct Aussie tail light lens?

Trodz
Bike: Z900; Z1000; Darmah

Postby Trodz » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:44 am

Garn
I have a rear tail light bracket from a long guard, the stamped number is 220-40797. The short guard brackets I have are stamped 220-40796.
TR

ZORK WA

Postby ZORK WA » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Zedboy wrote:RossHorseteethPlastics was looking into doing a correct Aussie tail light lens?
. Drawings are done, Tommy Chong Long has my NOS lens on his shelf, just need monies and exact copies to within 0.004mm are ready too be made, sadly not sure if l'll go ahead, maybe not enuff $$$$ in it, must admit, l'm determed to get these on market to remove those horrid USA built in reflector types of the streets.

RIDDEN NOT HIDDEN. GGYF. THE MEMBER FOR MANDURAH. CHEAP INDIAN OFFICE FURNITURE. RHT - RossHensTerprises. SNORKELS-R-US. OLD WOBBLY BIKES AND OWNERS RULE. BURN'T OUT & FUCKED. LONG LOST PHOTOFUCKET. TUESDAY = PENSIONDAY. METALLICA = No1.

Return to “Technical”