Fishing and Hiking Trip

Share a ride with us.
cheeseheadmike
Bike: 1979 Honda CX500

Fishing and Hiking Trip

Postby cheeseheadmike » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:29 pm

Vacation this week and I had all the grand kids underfoot. The two oldest are self propelled, speak somewhat coherently, and can follow simple instructions. Sometimes. Anyway, in an unguarded moment, Grandpa agreed to take the two older ones fishing. He was also talked into taking them in the Ural.

Fishing was pretty much what you'd expect with a four and eight year old. A lot of hook baiting, a lot of yapping, and very little fishing time for Grandpa. Still, each kid caught a fish. A bad pic of Eli's fish(Hint:It's at the very bottom of the pic.)

Karis and her fish.

After fishing, we went back home for a while, then left again for a hike at a nature preserve. The kids climbed trees, found a turtle and frogs, opened up some owl pellets, and generally wore themselves out. They piled back into the sidecar and Eli was zonked before we left the preserve. Karis crashed a couple minutes later.

I'm especially fond of this pic. Karis put her arm around her younger cousin when he fell asleep so he wouldn't fall out of the sidecar(they're belted in). She's also asleep in the pic.

Eli claimed he was not asleep. :lol:

Cheeseheadmike

GO PACK GO

Telling me something is for my own good is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

Zedboy
Site Admin
Bike: Kwakka Z1-A

Re: Fishing and Hiking Trip

Postby Zedboy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:54 pm

:good_post:
Awesome! :D
You sure they talked you into taking the Ural, or did grandpa talk them into going in the Ural :wink:

cheeseheadmike
Bike: 1979 Honda CX500

Re: Fishing and Hiking Trip

Postby cheeseheadmike » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:07 am

Eli lives about 20km away and has had many rides. Now when he goes somewhere with Grandma, he asks if Grandpa can take him in the sidecar and meet Grandma where ever. Karis lives 2000km away, so I only see her a couple times a year and her first ride was Easter Sunday. She was hooked.

Working on the other two grandkids but they have some time to go yet.

Cheeseheadmike

GO PACK GO

Telling me something is for my own good is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

Return to “Ride reports”